So were down to the final month of the season, and this is when the teams begin to show their true worth and quality in what will be a testing run of intra- division and conference clashes.
You can see the latest standings here – http://doran-jacques.co.uk/
This how things look at the start of Week 13
- The Kansas City Chiefs are the only team so far to confirm their post-season place, and require 14 wins to secure the Division and #1 seed as things currently stand.
- Denver, Oakland, Houston and NYJ are out of AFC playoff contention and will be looking towards the off-season to improve their teams
- No Team has confirmed a playoff spot in the NFC, with 11 of 16 teams still in contention with Green Bay, Tampa Bay, NYG, Washington and Arizona done for the year and paying for pride.AFC
- Flacco out for 6 weeks will hit Baltimore hard, and gives the Bengals and possibly even the Browns a chance to steal the division crown. There’s no doubting that this Division will go down to Week 17. Bengals to steal it, Ravens get a Wildcard
- In the East, another division lead separated by one game only. Patriots have the hardest run in and will miss it on the division crown to the Bills, and as another kick to the balls, the Patriots will miss out on one of the two wildcards
- The AFC South is replicating its real-life counterparts, with being close and entirely unpredictable. The Titans have a 2 game lead but could be reduced to 1 after their bye week. Jags are getting hot at the right time, Indy are flapping around .500 as if Jeff Fisher was the head coach and the Texans are well out of it. Another division going to week 17, with the Jags to break through and nick the divisions only post-season spot.
- Out West, the Chiefs are 4 wins away from securing the division crown and #1 AFC seed, and will hope to have that done before the week 17 showdown v the Chargers and without any more injuries. San Diego still hope for a Chiefs bottle-job to steal the division but if that doesn’t happen, they will certainly take one of the two wildcards, likely with a 13-3 record!NFC
- In the North, it’s a 2-way sprint to the line between the Bears and Vikings, with the Lions performing like the spent force their owner calls them out as being. The run in favours the Bears, and expect them to take the division by two games, but the Vikings to take one of the wildcards
- In the East, the division is the Cowboys for the taking. A three game lead should be enough for them to hold on to and be the only East representative in the playoffs. Washington are already looking to a very high draft pick.
- Down South, the Saints hold a slender lead over the Falcons, but the run in favours them greatly and should expect to take the division crown. Falcons will have to fight tough to cling on to a wildcard place as will need 11 wins to secure it. Tough games v KC, LA, SF and New Orleans will either make or break the Falcons season.
- Out West, The 49ers threatened to run away with the division, but can’t shake of a robust Rams team who sit only 1 game back and are ready to pounce should the 49ers slip up in any game, starting with their week 13 showdown v Chicago. Their Week 16 contest will decide the division, with the loser taking one of the NFC Wildcards
Week 13 Fixtures
DAL v MIN
DEN v JAX
DET v NO
HOU v GB
KC v ATL
LA v NE
MIA v BAL
PHI V CIN
SF v CHI
BUF v OAK
NYG v PIT
TB v SD
WAS v AZ
CAR v SEA
IND v NYJ
And the winners of these games will be……