Rules and Guidelines
THESE ARE THE RULES FOR THE ORIGINAL LEAGUE, OTHER LEAGUES MAY HAVE SOME SMALL ADJUSTMENTS SPECIFIED BELOW
General League Settings
Difficulty Setting – All-Pro
Quarter Length – 8m
Accl Clock – on – 15 secs
Salary Cap – On
Trading – User Teams Only. STRICTLY NO TRADING WITH CPU
Coach Firing – Off
Pre Exsisting Injuries – Off
Kick Arc- Off
Defensive Graphics- Off
Ball carrier special move – Manual
Playbooks, Standard Only
Must have 3 QBs on roster
Must carry 53 players at all times
End of season awards are turned off to ensure there is no benefit to those who try and pad there stats.
Pregame Settings and Rules
At the team selection screen, both teams must show there playbooks to ensure no custom books are being used.
The Away team MUST wear white, unless you have previously arranged something different with your opponent this is to save time waiting for your opponent to colour co-ordinate there wardrobe only to choose something that clashes with your kit, if your game is a snow game, you should restart and choose another jersey more appropriate.
Decide before the game who will stream, this should generally be the away team but this is not a rule.
Before the game kicks off announce in the League chat the game is starting and who is streaming.
Gameplay Standards and In-game Rules
No constant onside kicks / squib kicks / purposefully short kicks/low kicks in an attempt to make the fat lads at the front catch & fumble
No constant use of same formation / plays Mix it up. Use varying formations and play types, all plays from 3 formations is not mixing it up. For non-rookie players. “Coach suggestions” should not be your primary method of choosing a play. Its fine to use every so often, for example if your in hurry up, or just need a fresh idea, but not every down.
Even out Offensive play calling Stats lines of 3 passes & 30 runs (and vice versa) should be avoided. This is monitored and as a baseline 60/40 either way is normal, 70/30 either way will be punished.
Even out the run directions. Mix up inside & outside, counters & draws
No use of ‘glitches’ to gain an advantage. If it affects the AI performance unnaturally it is a glitch so don’t do it. If you are found to be using glitches in the games AI for example ‘nano blitzes’ and youtube plays you will be banned from the league.
No unsportsmanlike behavior when winning (Running up the score, Taunting) or when Losing (Deliberately missing tackles, drawing flags or otherwise spoiling the game) You should give your best at all times and should not be giving up just because you are a couple of scores down.
Limithot routes at the line of scrimmage. Change the play instead of using 3 hot routes every time.
Racking up stats with should be avoided. Unrealistic totals give unfair XP advantages to those players. You have 5-6 receivers, use them all. 30% to one receiver and 3% to the rest of the your WR’s is not spreading it around.
On defence you should vary your user, and not use the same one every play. This applies to DL and LB/DB users. This will be monitored to avoid stat padding for awards.
No running up the score – Use chew clock where appropriate including against CPU. As a guideline if your up by 3 scores don’t score more than 7 in the 4th. Dink and dunk, run up the middle, use plays you know aren’t great and punt/FG. If something breaks and your already are well up you can run oob.
Anyone found going against the spirit of the game will be warned… multiple warnings will lead to booting.
If you have any mis-givings about a game or another member please PM your commisioners – no point calling anyone out in public and if you do you will risk a suspension yourself
Cheating, cheesing, unsportsmanlike conduct of any nature or abuse of fellow members will not be tolerated
This is a game and is meant to be fun.. everyone here gets along, keep it that way, dont be a dick!
Hurry up should be used sparingly, and only for consecutive plays when trailing by a significant margin or inside the 2 minute warning.
Taking control and moving a defensive player pre-snap is allowed, providing:
i) You must keep control of that player until after the ball is snapped
ii) you do not move a D-line player back off the line or to the outside of the tackles
iii) you do not move a line-backer to a position directly behind a defensive lineman
iiii) Continuous presnap motion of lines (side to side or up and down is not allowed)
It is perfectly acceptable to use defensive playmaker to adjust your d-line and line-backers. Whether that is show blitz; shift them left or right; pinch or spread; blitz inside or outside or any of the other standard in-game adjustments. Whilst these are acceptable they should also be kept to a reasonable amount and should not be used to obviously affect CPU AI
No continuous use of pre snap motion – offence or defence. Starting the play on offence when you have a player in motion (motion blocking) is strictly prohibited/
Limit the 4th down attempts to occasions when necessary such as but not exclusive to
-close to goal with minimal time left in half
-when trailing by a significant margin
-Too close too punt but out of field goal range (in oppositions half only) and not every single time!
-4th downs should not be attempted in your own half, take your medicine and punt the ball,You should only go for it on 4th down when losing late or when it would be reasonable for a real NFL team to go for it. For example, on 4th and short from the dead zone (your opponent’s 35-45-yard line).
“I wasnt confident of stopping there offence” is not an excuse or valid reason to attempt a 4th down
Only attempt 2pt conversions when needed, Attempting a 2pc with the last play of the game to win is highly discouraged
Chew Clock should only be used in User v User games inside the 2 minute warning or where both teams agree the game is done and dusted, it should not be used outwith these situations, similarly plays should be called and run in a reasonable amount of time, it shouldn’t take 30 seconds to pick a play every single down.
Stat padding is strictly prohibited. The This applies to any stat, TDs, yards, defensive stats; in a single game and across the whole season. The COMMISIONERS will decide where someone is overstepping the mark
Filing a Complaint
- Member must contact a commissioner as soon as game has finished, Stating the nature of the complaint
- Give precise information in regards to complaint and include evidence (Twitch Feeds, Times of said complaint) The more information you give us helps us greatly. (As we don’t have time to watch every Stream game)
- IF for whatever reason the game isn’t streamed in certain situations you can provide xbox clips.
- The commissioner will acknowledge your complaint and this will be posted onto the forums.
- The commissioner will the pass information onto the Discipline committee (Made up of members of the league) to look into the offence and will deem if rules were broken and will notify the Commissioner their outcome
- The commissioner will the communicate with both parties and explain the outcome and results
- Result will be published on Forum/OOH Major Announcements
If found that you have broken any of the rules we will follow the following punishment table
|Conduct detrimental to the league||Action the committee deems appropriate. Minimum loss of 1st round draft picks infollowing draft|
|Giving up Mid game (1st Offence)||Warning|
|Giving up Mid game (2nd Offence)||Starting Player Banned for 1 Game|
|Giving up Mid game (3nd Offence)||Removal from League|
|Stat Padding (single game)||Player is banned for next game|
|Stat Padding (Season)||Banned for Playoffs/ 4 Games of Following Season|
|Not mixing up Offence/Defence (1st Offence)||Warning|
|Not mixing up Offence/Defence (2nd Offence)||Starting Player banned for 1 game|
|Not mixing up Offence/Defence (3rd Offence)||Starting Player banned for 4 games|
|Illegal Motion Snapping/Blocking||Player banned for 1 game|
|Illegal moving of non controlled Defender on Defence||Player banned for 1 game|
|4th Down rule||Starting QB banned for 1 game|
|Not adhering to offensive/defensive graphics rules||Player on offence or defence banned for 1 game|
If something bothers you in a game TELL US, we cant do anything unless we know about it.
Franchise rules and standards
Game Deadline and Arranging Games
72 Hours from advance. Usual Advance time will be 9pm so for example a typical week would be.
Monday 9pm Advance
Tuesday Free day
Wednesday Free day
Thursday 9pm Advance
Friday free Day
Saturday free Day
Sunday 9pm Advance
Protocol – Week will advance earlier if all games are done and the schedule adjusted appropriately. This will be set 24 hours from advance and all game times must be on the schedule by then, or you have told a commissioner about any problems scheduling. Any sims must be approved by a commissioner. If a game is not on the schedule spreadsheet then neither team will be permitted to go on auto. If the game is not played it will be simmed.
Play-offs: This will operate on the same advancing rules as the regular season, except advances will be reduced to 48 hours unless there are extenuating circumstances. If you are in the play-offs its a privileged that most don’t get, don’t hold the rest of the league up.
User games: Games should be arranged within 24hrs, and played within the deadline, once advanced put it on the scheduling spreadsheet and inform a commissioner if there any any problems within 24 hours of advance. There will be no extensions granted after this.
Be realistic with your availability, a 1 hour window on 3 separate days is not you being available for 3 days. Any scheduling problems must be reported to a commissioner, who has the final say on the game.
If a game is arranged and one party does not turn up within 15m of the scheduled kick off time and doesn’t contact the opponent. The opponent will be awarded the victory they will also have the option of playing CPU.
ALL games must be streamed using twitch (no other streaming service), the Away team has responsibility to stream the game unless otherwise agreed beforehand.
Ensure that your service is set to archive your broadcast.
CPU games must be streamed
If you have not streamed your game and there is any suspicion of not keeping to the rules you will have no defence.
Participation in games
Playing your games is an absolute must. Players with 2 unwarranted autos in a season will be warned about there spot in the league, a further auto will result in you losing your spot to someone else. Please not this does not include if we are pre-warned for example being out of the country.
Disconnections in User Games
In all circumstances the game should be imitated back to the same score/time/possession as the game was at and continued or restarted if both agree – this is up to the two participants.
If the game is a blowout and owners cannot agree to restart/imitate the disconnected game, The losing team should go on auto pilot and the Winning team should play CPU, or depending on circumstances sim-a-win may be used.
Relocation and Stadium Maintenance.
Relocation is only permitted with prior agreement from the league commissioner. You must have a good reason to want to move.
Stadium maintenance can take place any time you wish but you must ensure to manage your funds responsibly
Resigning players/Free Agency
Silly contracts will be edited
Regardless of contract length bonus is capped at 50% of Salary (not total contract). e.g. a 10 million salary can have a 5 million bonus = 15million total contract.
Failure to follow this simple rule will result in the player having to be cut with no relief from cap penalties.
Once a trade has been agreed it must be posted to the forum in the appropriate section , league members will then have 24hours to counter the bid. The seller is under no obligation to accept the new bids and cannot drop out from the original bid unless accepting another offer. The trade commission will still have the power to intervene in trades where they deem it necessary and all rookies trades and trades for future first round picks will still have to be approved prior to posting on the forum. Some points to note.
- Trade proposals at the trade deadline must be posted up before advance, and completed within 24hrs of advance. Games should not be played until the trade is complete
- The 24hr time frame is not an opportunity to gazump people. If we feel players are consistently doing this they will receive a trading ban until the following season.
- Be reasonable, do you really want to reject a future trade partner because someone has offered you an extra 5th 2 years down the line.
- There is strictly no discussion allowed on the trade thread on the forum. This should only be used for the initial trade and counter offers.
You must play at least 1 Season in OOH Madden before you can trade any 1st round draft picks or players 90+ OVR. Until you have played 1 Season, all trades must be approved by the trade committee using the same guidelines above.
Trading players you received as a FA Lotto or Waiver pick, or someone you traded for is not permitted in the same season. Any moves to try and find a loophole in this rule will result in any players involved being cut, and any picks being forfeited.
Picks can be traded up to a maximum 2 years in advance. Anything further ahead than what is available in game is outlawed. Therefore there is to be no trading if picks that you can’t trade on the game.
If you intend to take someone from another teams practice squad then you should inform them AND a commissioner via PM.
The other team then has the opportunity to move them into there 53 man roster.
If they do not you make pick them up as requested.
Once the player is on your roster, he must go into your 53 man roster and cannot be cut or traded until the following season.
Strictly no trading with the CPU
This is a system of rules that cover the FA pool at differing point of the season (apart from the in game FA period in the off-season). We will manually be applying these to make sure everyone gets a fair chance of getting the FAs they desire, rather than first come first served. If there any questions about this, then please ask a commish for further information. For ease of use the rules are set out to reflect the chronological nature of the season, starting with pre-season.
Pre-Season FA Lotto
These rules affect week 1 of pre-season before we cut down to 53. After the off-season there will be a large pool of FAs, and the lotto means that everyone has a shot at getting who they want.
- At the start of pre-season FAs are off limits to everyone, the lotto is the first opportunity to claim them. Once this process has been completed you will be assigned a list of players you have ‘won’ to sign, and then cut to 53.
- You willl need to send a list of ONLY FIVE players you would like from the lotto pool. These should be in order of preference as that will be one of the tie breakers. Therefore if you really want someone they should be #1 on your list, as it gives you the best chance to acquire them.
- Once these lists have all been handed in to the relevant commisioners, specified below. They will then be processed on two tie breakers. The first will be order of preference, the second reverse draft order.
- Original League Lotto – Midgetmoose
- Gameday League Lotto – Chris Ritchie
Only once the lotto in complete do players clear waivers, however please note any cuts to 53 will be subject to waivers. Any cuts from this point on will also be subject to waivers. The waiver system remains in play until the end of the season. This is defined below.
This process is again to allow every owner a chance to acquire players cut by other teams. There will be a defined commish for each of the leagues that is responsible for processing waiver claims and maintaining the waiver order.
– Original League waivers – Midgetmoose
– Gameday League waivers – Chris Ritchie
Every player cut after the FA lotto is subject to waiver claims for a the rest of the game week, and the first 24 hours of the next week once this has passed claims will be processed and anyone left are fair game for anyone to sign.
- If you want to make a claim in this period you must tell the appropriate commissioner in your league and they will note this down, along with any others who want to claim.
- 24 hours after advance the claim will be processed. This is to make sure it is measurable as you can see who was cut when on the transactions page and cannot be circumvented by cutting before advance. The owner who is highest in the waiver order will win the claim and be able to sign the player.
- The waiver order is determined by draft order, and will reset every season. If you win a claim, you will be moved to the bottom of the order
- If you drop a player you are still allowed to put in a claim for him via waivers, however, you will be at the bottom of the order for that player no matter previous position.
Offseason Free Agency
1. If there is an existing bid on a player, you can bid up to the same number of points of leading bid. If you wish to increase the bid, it must be a minimum of a 10 point increase. For example, Team A has a bid on Player Z for 50 points. You can place a bid on the same player for up to 50 points. If you would like to increase the bid on Player Z, you’re point total would have to be a minimum of 60 points.
All owners are required to send screenshots of bids to a member of the FA team. In this format, Nothing else is accepted.
2. Once you remove a bid from a free agent you are no longer allowed to bid on that player for that round. Anyone found to be intentionally (excessively) running up bids to just to drop out will be penalized. This comes under the rule of Don’t be a dick.
3. You are not allowed to lower a bid once it has been submitted. For example, if Team A and Team B are in a bidding war and Team A reached 75 points, then Team B drops, Team A must remain at 75 points. You can’t reduce your bid simply because the other stopped bidding on the player.
4. In the event a Free Agent is signed and a final bid screenshot is not available, the team
will have to release the player(s) signed and will have to deal with the cap penalty. If the cap penalty is so excessive that the team is unable to get to the required 53 players, cap penalty will be cleared. If this done, that team will then forfeit their 2nd round draft pick in the upcoming draft, and will have trade rights revoked until the following seasons draft is complete.
5. Once you bid 100 points or MORE, you are locked in on that bid until the player signs a contract. You are NOT allowed to remove yourself from the bid regardless of where you are on the points leader list.
6. In FA bidding, the final hour before advance is no longer sniping time. Maximum bids are locked at this point and can only be matched by other owners.
The Draft and and Player Editing/Changes
If you are not attending the draft let a commissioner know, if you have finished a draft let the commissioner know.
There will be a window post draft to allow you to edit a players position (or handedness if they are a QB this must be approved by a commish. Positions changes no longer allowed after preseason week 4. The only exception if it is needed to fill a roster slot due to injury and it must be approved by a commissioner
Only the following position changes are permitted
- O-Line, Lineman can play LT, LG, C, RG or RT
- D-Line, Linemen can play RE, DT or LE, Defensive ends can also play OLB.
- Middle- Linebackers. MLB can move to OLB only. They cannot then be moved to any other position
- Outside Linebackers can Move to MLB or RE/DE
- Defensive Backs can play CB, FS or SS but they must play there position on the depth chart.